The Wescustago Youth Chorale is seeking to fill a one-year choral director position for September 2014 to June 2015. The conductor will direct a well-established, auditioned, co-ed middle school choir for students in grades 6-8. The conductor will lead weekly two-hour rehearsals on Monday evenings from 5:30 to 7:30 and will be available one hour before and one hour after to assist other conductors. The conductor will also commit to two concerts during the year (in December and May). Additional time will be required for preparation and collaboration with fellow conductors, and for participation in additional choral events and enrichment activities. The conductor will meet occasionally with other conductors during the summer to participate in music selection and calendar planning, and would ideally be involved in voice checks and auditions in May and June of this year. The focus of the choir is on repertoire suitable for the developing voice, and the conductor must be comfortable working with changing voices. The successful candidate will also be willing to teach music literacy through the use of hand sign solfege. The selected conductor will be part of a strong collaborative team including two other experienced choral conductors, two trained accompanists, and a managing director who provides administrative and logistical support.
Information on the mission and vision of the Wescustago Youth Chorale is available on the WYC website: http://wescustago.wordpress.com
Applications are currently being accepted. Deadline May 12, 2014. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Leigh Palmer, Managing Director Wescustago Youth Chorale PO Box 67 Yarmouth Maine 04096
SATB, conducted by Amanda Mahaffey
SSA, conducted by Lise Dunn
preparatory, conducted by Renovia Marro
- HIRING: Interim Conductor for Kennebec Singers
- May 4th — Spring Concert!
- Bath Savings Institute
- Wednesday, April 2 — Joint Concert with USM Chamber Singers
- Dance Party with the TIME PILOTS — Benefit for WYC
- Order CDs and DVDs of our Winter Concert
- New Singers Welcome to Join WYC in January!
- Thank you to Soggy Dog Designs
- Wescustago Youth Chorale will be at Sparkle Weekend! Come hear us!
- 16th Annual Winter Concert, December 15, 2013 at 3 PM
- Rehearsals are in FULL swing!
- Kickoff to our 16th Season!
- Clynk proceeds — Thank YOU!
- 15th Annual Spring Concert — May 5th at 4:30 PM
- You are cordially invited to our Spring Concert on May 5th at 4:30 PM
- Elm City Girls Choir visits on March 23, 2013
- Maine Red Claws — March 10, 2013
- 15th Annual Spaghetti Supper Serenade
- Link to Natalie MacMaster Concert
- New Singers welcome! January auditions now being scheduled.